Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Much to tell...

So many events have taken place in the past month! I've been a slacker! These two sweet girls fill our lives with so much joy! Here is summary of the past month. I'll do another post soon of our train trip.

Ada at CF Clinic in January. We stayed with my cousin Jamie in Calgary so the drive wouldn't have to be as long that morning (plus Ada had to fast for one of the tests). As we were getting ready to leave the house for the day, she gave Ryan a big hug and asked him to give her a blessing. She is so pure and sweet. I thought that was so neat she thought of that.

Is she not the cutest? She loves everything about the doctor. A perfect little patient! 
Bonnie even liked getting in on the action!
 
 They did an ultra-sound of her stomach and surrounding organs. Everything looked just right!
 Ada is just so brave and amazing! We went to the hospital lab for blood work. We walked up to the reception desk and I handed the lady the requisition. Ada walks right up and spells her name "A-D-A, it's Ada!"  When they had to draw her blood, she was a little nervous. I had told her it might take about 5 minutes for the whole thing. So, when the phlebotomist was talking to her, Ada had to find out how long it would be. She was assured it would go quicker than 5 minutes but longer than 1 minute! We tried to distract her, but she wanted to watch. She is much braver than Ryan and I! Not a tear was shed from her (I was close to it, though!).

Bonnie spent a fair amount of time going up and down these stairs at the hospital.  She is looking so grown up! We stopped at a huge candy store in Nanton on our way home. As you can see from the picture, both girls couldn't stop looking at the candy!

Bonnie loves Jack Fred, the turtle. Whenever Ryan brings him out, Bonnie gets a really high-pitched voice and says "HI!" That is what she was saying in this picture!
 

The next few pictures are just some fun ol' times at the Merkley house!



 Hiking in Waterton Park. Well, I don't know if we can technically call it hiking. We sure didn't make it very far. But it was a fun time, nonetheless!











 Dressing-up has become a daily thing for Ada. I don't even get her "dressed" anymore unless we have to go somewhere. Because if I do, within the hour, she has changed into something fancy!

Bonnie is still transitioning to one nap a day. Can't quite make it through lunch!

Cookies and hats. Two of Bonnie's favorites!



Ada wanted us to pose for a picture with her holding her baby and me holding mine! I sure don't want to forget these precious times!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So much fun. I can't believe how much they are growing! It seems so fast! Love the snow pics and Bonnie asleep in the high chair.